Friday, August 7, 2009

I was quoted in Outside Magazine

I was quoted in the August issue of Outside Magazine about the state of the whitewater kayaking industry. I'm on the board of directors of the Trade Association of Paddlesports and was called because of that position and my legal work in the industry for many years.

I have to remember that when I'm being interviewed by someone they are only going to use one sentence, two if I am lucky (or unlucky). I have been accused, wrongly, of loving to hear myself talk on any inane point. In this case I started the line with the quote language and moved on to say what the industry was now doing right for a few more than one or two sentences. My intelligent and pithy comments were reduced down to the kayak industry did itself in and nobody has bought boats in a while. Too bad because I had said some great things to the writer too!

See: First Look The Evolution of Whitewater Kayaking

No comments: